Well, I GUESS Chris Sampson is gonna start, that is, unless Phil decides to start Roy on short rest and have Roger face St. Louis, if he needs to. But honestly, I think the Cards are a LOT more reluctant to see Roy than even Roger.
They start their game an hour after we do, so I suppose if we’re losing by 10 runs or something, then TLR won’t hafta start Carpenter and can save him for the playoffs. And cmon, if he loses again, Roy should be the clear CY winner ESPECIALLY after he defeats St. Louis on Tuesday. Sorry but no cigar Mr. Webb.
So I don’t guess we’ll really KNOW who will start until the game Phil hands the ump the lineup, so I won’t post stats again…
Remember, we hafta win today and St. Louis must lose both today AND Monday for us to win the Division…
I know I got my wish to finish at at least .500 and I know I’m getting greedy, but what can I say
It makes a woman proud to be a Stros fannnnn
(from Jim Bouton’s Ball 4 – well, juuuuuuuust a little misquoted…)
John Smoltz, RHP
- really really great RHP who should go into the HOF with his exes Glavine and Maddux
- he’s actually had a pretty darn good year, but since his team has sucked, there hasn’t been much said bout how he’s been the ONLY pitcher Bobby Cox could count on. Me, I just hope he’s thinkin bout fishing and not about revenge for last year…
- this year: 15-9 in 33 GS: 3 CG, 1 SO: 23 HR, 52 BB, 206 K over 224.1 IP – 3.53 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and a .248 BAA
- and he has 23 QS – more than supposed to be CY Chris Carpenter
@ the Ted: 204 80 42-24 in 80 GS & 124 relief – 79 Saves, 10 CG and 4 SO: 49 HR, 150 BB, 614 K over 687 IP – 3.05 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and a .241 BAA
vs Hou: 15-13 in 35 GS, 10 relief ,7 Sv, 3 SO: 16 HR, 74 BB, 222 K in 250.2 IP – 3.05 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, .246 BAA
- man, I can’t believe he’s actually lost 13 games – seems he beats us every time